Chinese recipes have a diverse range of styles and flavor, that satisfies the eyes, and have a great aroma. The cuisine offers hot, spicy and complex dishes. However, there are many simple Chinese food recipes that are suitable for beginners. The ingredients for preparing Chinese recipes are considered healthy as it contains the right proportions of protein, vegetables, and starch. There is almost no limit to the variety of delicious dishes that Chinese cuisine offers. Most people have this misbelief that Chinese food is hard to cook. It doesn’t take much time and effort if some simple Chinese recipes are considered.
Simple Recipes: Spicy Schezwan-Style Prawn
It is a classic Chinese seafood dish with spicy ginger, chili, and tomato sauce.
- 1½ Tablespoon groundnut oil
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 Chopped garlic cloves
- 1 Spring onion
- 15.90oz Raw prawns
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 3 tsp hoisin sauce
- 2tspbalsamic vinegar
- 1tsp powdered sugar
- Two tsp peanut canola oil
- A bunch of coriander leaves
Preparation and Cooking
In a frying pan pour groundnut oil and when slightly smoking, add ginger, garlic and spring onions on high flame. Stir-fry for 30 seconds and add the prawns. Sauté it for a while and then mix the sauce ingredients. Sprinkle half teaspoon each of salt and powdered black pepper. Again, stir-fry for 3 minutes over high heat. Dress the cooked dish with coriander leaves and spring onions.
Simple Recipes: Steamed Pork And Prawn Wontons
This Asian dish is low in fat but quite impressive as it can be found in many food stores and specialty food halls.
- 6.20oz Minced pork
- 3oz Finely chopped prawn
- 2 Chopped spring onions
- 2 Crushed garlic cloves
- 2 Teaspoon purée of ginger
- 2 Tablespoon Oyster sauce
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 5 Chopped water chestnuts
- 36 Square wrappers of side 9cm
- Lettuce leaves
For Dipping Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Rice wine
- 2 Teaspoon Fresh purée of root ginger
- Spring onions
Preparation and Cooking
- Prepare a mixture of pork, prawn, spring onions, garlic, oyster sauce, oil, and water chestnuts.
- Brush the borders of the wonton wrapper with cold water. Put one teaspoon of the prepared mixture and scrunch the wrapper to form a pouch and seal. Repeat the process.
- Mix the soy sauce, rice wine and ginger in a bowl for sauce.
- To steam, the wontons, boil water in a large pan. Take a steaming basket and line it with lettuce leaves.
- Steam the pouches for 5 minutes.
- Serve the cooked wontons with a garnish of spring onions or sesame seeds and a bowl of sauce.
Be it spicy or mild; most Chinese dishes consist of common ingredients: garlic, chili, ginger, lots of meat or vegetables that are preferably mildly cooked. The quick-cooking and simple Chinese recipes also preserve the nutritive content of the food and even save on fuel usage. This way, Chinese food not only means rich flavourful food but also adds healthiness to the diet.