Cooking in a crockpot is easy and also simple. One can cook easy recipes like stew, soups, beverages, and a lot more in a crockpot. It’s also known as a slow cooker. According to a survey, easy crockpot recipes are used by almost 83% of the families. Also, it is quite easy to prepare food on it. Furthermore, the cook only needs to put in all the ingredients together and let it cook on low flame for some hours.
Easy Crockpot Recipes: Chicken
For the marinating
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. oregano
- One tsp. of onion powder
- Two tsp. of crushed garlic
- One tsp. of salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 kg of chicken breasts (boneless)
- Three potatoes chopped roughly
- 4-5 carrots chopped roughly.
- In a bowl add olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, onion powder, crushed garlic, salt, and also black pepper. Give them a quick mix.
- In the crockpot, put the chicken breasts. Make a cut on the chicken breasts so that the flavors of the marinade go inside.
- Add chopped potatoes and carrots.
- Finally, add the marinade on the chicken potatoes and the carrot.
- Coat it all evenly.
- Put on the lid and let it cook on low setting for 8hours.
- If you want to cook it earlier, use high settings and set the timer for 4 hours.
- After the given time, you will notice the chicken is cooked correctly.
- It is crisp as well as full of flavors.
Advantages Of Easy Crockpot Recipes
- Slow cooking does not tighten the meat, but it helps to keep the meat tender and soft
- It is impossible for the food to get burnt in a crockpot. Even though when the food is kept in the crockpot for a long time.
- It is best for workaholics. They can put the food inside the crockpot, and when they are back home, they get a fully cooked meal.
- It consumes less electricity than an oven.
- Glazed pots make cooking easier and cleaning faster.
- Food is kept safe with no harm from insects.
Crock-pot has a story attached to its name. Irving Naxon says that it is from his mother; he got the inspiration to make a device called a food-heating device. In the year 1936, he also applied for a patent for his heating device. Finally, he got his patent in 1940. Furthermore, the device was named ‘Naxon Beanery.’ In 1970, Naxon sold the design to a company known as Rivalmanufacturing who rebranded the beanery and sold in the market in the name of the crockpot.
Crockpot recipes are effortless to make. It takes less electricity, fewer efforts to cook in a crockpot. One needs to put in all the ingredients in the pot and set the timer, and one gets a full cooked meal without much effort. There are many other crockpot recipes. These recipes are simple and easy. With just fewer ingredients, one can make tasty and healthy dishes. Crock-pot is a blessing for workaholics.