Puff pastries are delicate and crunchy. These can be enjoyed as a sweet as well as a savory. If you wan to prepare some delectable puff pastries, then here are some recipes taken from experienced chefs. You can prepare these at home easily and impress your guests and family members.
Homemade Puff Pastry
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted, refrigerated
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Whisk the flour and salt in a big mixing bowl to combine well.
- Chop the butter into small cubes and mix with the flour.
- Add some cold water to get a thick dough.
- Take some dough and make a ball. Flatten with your fingers into a disc-shape and wrap it in a plastic cling film.
- Keep this dough in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour, remove the cling film and roll the dough on the platform into a rectangle shape.
- Keep rolling and folding around 2 to 4 times and then again wrap in a cling film and chill for 2 hours this time. This procedure incorporates air into the dough.
- Remove after 2 hours and bake your puff pastry to get incredibly soft and flaky pastries.
Easy Puff Pastry
- 2 ⅓ cups plain flour
- 14 tablespoons butter, frozen
- Pinch salt
- 8-10 tablespoons chilled water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chill your butter in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Mix water, lemon juice in a glass and set aside.
- Next, mix flour and salt in another bowl. You may place this bowl in the fridge as well to cool it if you want to yield a great puff pastry dough.
- Now grate your butter from a cheese grater into your flour mix. Stir well with a spoon. If you use frozen butter, you get great and more flaky pastry.
- With this technique, you do not need to keep kneading and folding and chilling repeatedly.
- Next, add the liquid mix and fold in the dough gently. Do not add too much water, only so much as to bring all the dough ingredients together.
- Now mix the dough together in a ball shape. Wrap with a cling film and place in the freezer for 1 hour. You can even refrigerate this dough in the fridge for 3 days and then keep using it sometime later in the day.
- Let your puff pastry relax and cool in the fridge and while baking, place in a pre-heated oven for best results.
These are two of our best puff pastry recipes. Both have completely different procedures but the results are amazing nevertheless. You can try both the methods to see which one works for you. Once you make your puff pastry, you can add some sugar syrups or sweet fillings or even add some savory fillings as per your taste buds.