Veganism has become quite popular nowadays. More and more people have decided to go vegan for moral, environmental, and also health-related aspects. Such a diet may result in various health benefits, also including improved blood sugar levels. But what exactly is Veganism? It is excluding all forms of animal torture and cruelty, for food, clothes, etc.. There are several ways to follow a vegan diet which includes many easy vegan recipes as in the whole-food vegan diet. Following a vegan diet may seem complicated at first, but if one gets to know some easy vegan recipes, it can be a cakewalk.
Easy Vegan Recipes: Vegan Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 5.64oz raw cashews
- 7oz Carrots, cut into 1cm cubes
- 25oz Potatoes, cut into 1cm cubes
- 90ml Olive oil
- 1.41oz Nutritional yeast
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Chopped garlic cloves
- One tablespoon Dijon mustard
- One tablespoon White wine vinegar
- One teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 14.10oz Macaroni
- Three tablespoon Panko breadcrumbs.
Step By Step Preparation
- Firstly, soak the cashew nuts in water for a night.
- Secondly, heat the oven to 180° C. Also, steam the carrots and potatoes. Now, transfer to a food processor. Add the soaked cashews with 60ml olive oil and process these in the food processor. Then tip in the other ingredients except for macaroni and breadcrumbs and process again to get a smooth mixture.
- Cook the macaroni in a pot of salted water for 5 minutes. Strain the excess water and now add the prepared sauce. Furthermore, transfer the mix to a dish, mix the breadcrumbs with 30ml olive oil and some seasonings. Sprinkle over the top of macaroni and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Easy Vegan Recipes: Margherita Pizza
For pizza dough
- 17.63oz White bread flour
- One teaspoon Yeast
- One teaspoon Caster sugar
- 1½ tablespoon Olive oil
For tomato Sauce
- 100ml tomato puree
- One tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 Crushed garlic clove
- 7.05oz Vegan mozzarella style cheese
- Two sliced tomatoes
- Fresh basil or Oregano or vegan parmesan
Step By Step Preparation
- Firstly, mix flour, yeast, and sugar and 300ml lukewarm water to it with oil. Secondly, knead everything together to make a soft and slightly sticky dough.
- Knead the dough on a flour-dusted surface for 8-10 minutes. Then leave it to rise in a warm place for an hour or so. Cover the bowl and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 220°C. Once the dough rises, knead it again a couple of times.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl and add salt, pepper, and mix well.
- Finally, divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces and flatten each as thin as possible. Dust a baking sheet with flour and put pizza base on top with tomato sauce. Add some sliced tomatoes and also grated cheese — Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with fresh seasonings and vegan parmesan.
Converting to a vegan lifestyle not only benefits a person in solving health-related issues but also has an overall positive impact on the environment too. Therefore, some small steps, like turning to a vegan diet, can have long term effects with not many efforts. Also, being vegan is easy and feasible with some straightforward vegan recipes as many alternatives to animal products are readily available in the market.